Gradual Pollution Indemnity
Why Place This Cover?
Existing public liability insurance policies traditionally exclude gradual pollution. Companies’ corporate governance and compliance controls are becoming increasingly important considerations for existing shareholders, potential investors and lenders.
This product intends to cover legal liability resulting from delictual liability arising out of the negligence of the insured. The intention is to cover gradual pollution which under other liability policies is excluded by “ sudden, unintended and unexpected” polluting events.
- The defense and settlement of a claim
- The representation of any accident of any inquest or accident inquiry
- Defending court proceedings
- Emergency medical treatment in respect of injury
- Defense of an interdict against the insured
- Emergency clean–up costs and restoration costs
- Damages, settlements for Injury or Property Damage
- Clean-up Costs following Property Damage or Injury
- Clean-up Costs are costs and expenses to investigate, remove, treat and remediate soil, surface-water, groundwater or other contamination including monitoring and subsequent rehabilitation.
Limit of Indemnity
R 5 Million -R 100 Million
We do not cover:
- Environmental impairment such as acid rain or depletion of the ozone layer
- Petrol station unless new site development
- Existing pollution conditions
- Asbestos and lead